see post for this date for more photos
Removed extra Spathiphyllum 'Domino' and added anthurium.
I couldn't resist and had to set up a riparium again! Photos from before setup:
two large sponge filters
Pump from 75g that housed tilapia until recent (those little [censor]s broke the tank!)
The smaller shadow caddie in front is the 'large' one I used on my 55g.. the new ones are even bigger! sorry blurry photo, one dog sniffing the caddies, another is pushing me for attention off camera >.<
Coated wire to hang caddies, bought 2 rolls (100ft total) which is good because I used about 60 feet for this (double stranded them and added extra to the larger caddies). Suction cups suck [censor] so much now just putting caddies in tank (nothing in caddie) they fell off! I mean.. really?!
And time to make them black (ignore the pipe behind-for the 55g vivarium project)
Heater from amazon which I really want to flip out on whoever packed.. WHERES MY PADDING?! this is a GLASS heater bouncing lose in a box ugh
After caddies got spray painted black husband cut extra slots in the large ones, sorry no photos.. dangerous process.. but here they are on the tank
The day I finally put plants in I dipped them all in potassium permanganate, I do a stronger bath than most and deep purple to almost black (most keep it pink/light purple) for 5 minutes or so then thoroughly rinse. Had to thoroughly rinse roots clean for most of the plants (peace lily 'domino' was the only one with roots already adapted to water). No photos during this porcess but when putting plants on the tank i realized I went overboard buying pothos njoy.. thats a 22"x16" tub
And Finally done!
Pothos Njoy (thought I may be 'Glacier', or 'Pearls and Jade' ??)
Potho Marble Queen (tiny piece)
Spathiphyllum x 'Wallisii' (dwarf variety)
Neanthe Bella Palm
Water sprite (just added not in photo)
None yet, plan to get endlers
2x sponge filters
ehiem jagar 200 watt (supposedly handles 76-106g)
shower caddies: 3 corner, 1 jumbo, 4 large, and 5 or 6 small
black diamond 20-40 grit
1 small rock, unknown type, slightly increases kh
Tank has had plants on it for 6 days. Dosed Ammonia and some ferts first night. After some small water cahnges to get debris off the bottom I re-dosed ammonia yesterday -1ppm- and its at 0.5 ppm today! So I may be bad and not wait the 2 moths for a cycle and just get fish once its consuming ammonia within hours of adding it. Will start with small stock so there's not too much ammonia and let them breed and fill the tank.
Will get better photos as plants establish.
Photo from 3 days after putting them into the tank-pothos root already growing to adapt to water! Should take new photos to show more root growth..
And I wanted to show this 100% white pothos leaf! Its not a dead leaf! Sadly knocked that and a few otehr leaves off when cleaning x.x
Oh and I wanted to share this-its a leaf from the unknown peace lily that's just lovely but different (rest are solid green) a few days later a spathe grew from this leaf (but the leaf is not the spathe!)
This is not my first riparian, I had a 55g going for a while before taking it down to use the lights for aquaponics. I wish I hadn't given up my plants... But starting again!
Link to the old tank thread-sorry the photos are all gone thanks to photobucket...[click]
Old photos from the now dismantled 55g: