Any one using these are they any good? There are made in Germany

Giesemann :

Aqua Flora T5 HO 54w's - 5,700k
Midday t5 HO 54w's - 6,000k

Is there a big difference between both Brands they are both made in Germany

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have a Zoo Med Flora Sun bulb, and so far I like it. It has a nice color to the light, it is not too expensive, and better yet they are commonly available at my local big box pet stores. I have not been using it long enough to say a whole lot more, but I definitely feel I got my moneys' worth out of it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Zoo Med

Don;t use it on my fish tanks, but I have the 24" HO and have been using it on my terrestial Meyer Lemon (a lemon-mandarin hybrid) tree and saracenia purple pitcher plant.

The Meyer plant immediately flowered and now has lemon/mandarin buds.
The pitcher plant sprouted 2 new stems.

All in the first 2 weeks of me getting the Zoo Med.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had the Star Coats for a long time but did a lot of reading of the
Giesemann :
Aqua Flora T5 HO 54w's - 5,700k
Midday t5 HO 54w's - 6,000k

But I've found across the street at Petco the Zoo Med's
Flora Sun t5 ho 54w's - 5,000k
Ultra Sun, Super Daylight t5 ho's 54w 6,500k

And was wondering if the Zoo Med's were just as good as the Giesemann
by the Kelvins they are pretty close.
I wounder how much of a difference 700k an 500k of each lamps really look
compared to each other?
I have 6 lamps an I'm going to use only 4 lamps for my 110g tank , maybe I should get 1 of each and see?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Geisemann are most likely better since they are Marine leaning in their products. I think the ZooMed will do you just as well. If you mix the bulbs you will most likely not be able to tell much of a difference.
Only why I ask about the Zoo Med it's offer across the street from my house at a Petco an are around $20. and wounder if they were just as good compared to Geisemann?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does any one know how long do a ballast last , The one's I have are a couple of years old and wounder if I would need to replace them soon.
Any tips on brand names for t5 ho's 54w's lamps ? I wish ice caps were still around.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
My experience with Zoo Med bulbs and other products by them has been somewhat disappointing. My preference would be the Geisemann bulbs, but they tend to be a lot more expensive. I might try the Zoo Meds first and then if I didn't like them get the Geisemanns the next time around.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
My experience with Zoo Med bulbs and other products by them has been somewhat disappointing. My preference would be the Geisemann bulbs, but they tend to be a lot more expensive. I might try the Zoo Meds first and then if I didn't like them get the Geisemanns the next time around.

What was disappointing with the ZooMed T5H0 fluorescent tubes?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There both made in Germany and are only 700k - 500k different than the
Geisemann's there much the same except the price.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I might try a pair of Zoo Med this week an see if I like them . {only because I can get them next door} and still order 2 pairs of the Geisemann's {I have 6 lamps but only running 1 pair and later will add another pair and keep the 3rd pair for back up}

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Yesterday, I received the package from Foster&Smith where I ordered a pair of Zoo Med 6500K and a pair of Zoo Med Plant Grow. I just used the new lights and I think the combination is too warm. If I would redo it, I'll have three 6500K and only one Plant Grow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.