The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I have tried to research before posting, but nothing seems to look the same. Maybe magnesium or molybdenum deficiency?

Plant pictures
This is my goto chart for deficiencies:

Its hardly perfect but I'm also terrible at figuring out deficiencies. Anyway it looks like a potassium deficiency. What is your fertilizer regimen like?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my goto chart for deficiencies:

Its hardly perfect but I'm also terrible at figuring out deficiencies. Anyway it looks like a potassium deficiency. What is your fertilizer regimen like?
I haven't been doing much which is my fault. My anubias had always done well without it. Thank you.
Are those new plants?
No, I have had it for over 6 months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am here not to hijack this post. I have the similar issue here too.... I am just dosing Seachem Florish. Seem like the plants need a lot more....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
I am here not to hijack this post. I have the similar issue here too.... I am just dosing Seachem Florish. Seem like the plants need a lot more....

That looks like a case of long-term potassium deficiency. You can find potassium supplements at most aquarium shops, but make sure that the one you buy has iron in it too or you will have to add a separate iron supplement as well (potassium and iron are synergistic, and need each other for proper absorption).

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

Not sure where you are in the world but I would consider buying an all in one fertilizer solution or at least a 2 part complete fertilizer solution. The seachem line gets pretty expensive and has a lot of bottles that need to be dosed pretty frequently. Using an all in one solution is much more effective if you can find it. If you were in the states I would recommend aquarium co-op easy green, or nicolg thrive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts