The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to goto a new fish store in my area that popped up while I was out of the hobby and they had a Zero Edge aquarium. I had never heard of this concept and thought it was pretty neat. Also completely out of my price range.

Basically it is a tank setup with a built in overflow but sortof in reverse. Instead of having an internal overflow box and bulkheads cut into the tank, it instead is a rimless tank and the overflow is a 4" wide space surrounding the tank. They just pump water into the main tank until it overflows all over the edges of the tank in sheets. It's actually hard to tell that water is pouring covering the outside of the tank in their photos. Whatever flow they had going inside left for a nice smooth top surface as well.

If it wasn't for all the surface/air contact and the problems it would make with maintaining high CO2 I'd say this would be really cool for a planted tank

http://www.zeroedgeaquarium.com/zeroedge-aquarium-lineup/

·
Registered
198 Posts
I saw one of those about 3 years ago with the Solaris LED Lighting over it and it had 5 nice clams in it. They are very nice look down tanks for clams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.