The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tank: ADA 60P mist
Substrate: Fluval Stratum
Lighting: 4x24w T5HO (1x 6500k 1x Pink for 7.5hrs a day, 1x 6700k 1x Purple for 3 hrs a day)
co2: atomic inline
Flora: R. Colorata, R. Green, R. H'Ra, R. Ceylon, R. Goias, M. Umbrosum, L. Repens 'super red', Stauro 049, Belem hairgrass

The Ludwigia was tissue cultured so hopefully it turns pretty red in the future. The sand area is to large in my opinion, but to late to do anything about it now...

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Opare. The sandy area isn't really supposed to be a path, more of a bay or something. Lol Like I said, kinda butchered that part of the scape.

New pics from today. Figured out how to adjust white balance on the camera, so the pics look a lot better.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Amazing plant and hardscape selection. I like the little bay area. It helps draw the eye upward. It's always really hard to judge these things fully until it is mature and trimmed. Until you have all the elements together, something that might look a little bold now will blend into the scape.
When you drop some shrimp in there, it'll make a really convenient place to feed them :D

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yeah, I really like the sides, but the middle path/bay could use some work. I too feel it should be a path/valley continuing all the way back, rather than a bay.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great start =)! Looking forward to see how it grows out. What's the plant in the middle with the pink-green-ish rounded leaves (looks like a rotala of some sort)? And is the plant to the left of it Rotala Singapore?

I agree with the previous posters, I think it could look really neat if it narrowed into a split (creating a valley). I think a Bay would work but you would need to move it slightly over to the right side by 3-4 inches.

Thanks Opare. The sandy area isn't really supposed to be a path, more of a bay or something. Lol Like I said, kinda butchered that part of the scape.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys, the sand is not going to be a path. I like it how it is and the newly added pygmy corries made it their hangout spot. If I fall out of favor with it in the future I'll just make it more foreground area or something.

Dou- The plant in the middle is Ludwiga Repens 'Super Red'. I got it as tissue culture so it is transitioning from green to red. The plants to the left are a combination of R. Green and R. Colorata. I'm still trying to zero in on fert dosing. The plants got washed out by what I think was to much Iron dosing. They seem to be coloring up more with reduced dosing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ahhh thanks. I think R. Colorata is just what I'm looking for =D! Time to hunt for it. I would use the L. Repens 'Super Red' but only if it stayed that shade/mix of green and a light red.

No worries about the sand and no pressure to adjust. Perhaps we can't see it now and it'll look amazing once everything grows in like you imagined. That's what my friends said to me about using Ranunculus for my 45P... then they saw it and changed their minds :D

Sorry guys, the sand is not going to be a path. I like it how it is and the newly added pygmy corries made it their hangout spot. If I fall out of favor with it in the future I'll just make it more foreground area or something.

Dou- The plant in the middle is Ludwiga Repens 'Super Red'. I got it as tissue culture so it is transitioning from green to red. The plants to the left are a combination of R. Green and R. Colorata. I'm still trying to zero in on fert dosing. The plants got washed out by what I think was to much Iron dosing. They seem to be coloring up more with reduced dosing.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of our fellow TPTers guilted me into changing the sand pit. Said it looked so bad I should be ashamed. So, I pulled the sand and am doing what he wants. He sent me this lame photoshop mockup of what he wanted.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Opare, you were sweet. It's no-tank-having spore that bullies me. I am not sure what they were calling the stone, but I got it locally at ADG. A lot of the stuff they had was really porous, almost like lava rock. I tried to find the pieces that had the least amount of pores.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts