The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any negative experiace with plecos and shrimp in the same tank.

I have been wanting to move my zebra pleco into my planted tank for some time but scared that the zebra might eat the babies. My shrimp have tons of space int he planted tank for cover. My cherries have breed and the babies all survived with rasboras and cards n there. Any feedback?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
How big are your zebras? I have 2 L-046 zebra plecos (2.25" & 1.75") along with RCS and have had no problems. I have more shrimp spawning in this tank, compared to my other tank, which is a planted shrimp only tank. The shrimp seem to clean up inside the pleco caves.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If your rasboras couldn't eat all the shrimps, then your zebra pleco wouldn't even come close. They'll be fine. My zebra pleco breeder tank have lots of cherrys. The only concern is if you are planning to add current to the tank. It will be is good for the pleco, but bad for the shrimps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.