The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
I am sure some one out there has accidentally or purposely hybrid some shrimp. I am also curious to what the outcome would be. I would not want to do this hybrid myself, i mean not much is known about the wild forms of these shrimp to begin with, let alone the ones created through selective breeding.
...and how do we know all these shrimp created through selected breeding are actually mutations and not hybrids?

· Registered
200 Posts
yeah I am new and I been on shrimp now and petshrimp.com for a while. I was jsut playing a devils advocate seeming most hybrid of most creatures are infertile. Also, was very very drunk, I appologize. Not something I usually do. Actually I have been in seach on papers concerning the creation or "discovery" of red cherry and snowball colour morphs in Neocaridia sp. I have also been looking for information on natural habitat and bevhavior of wild population of Neocaridina shrimp. Scientific liturature more than likely rather than some guy on a forum stating an opinion, like a drunken new person :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.