The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the offspring of a Zebra shrimp and a CRS will look like or if their are pictures of them anywhere? Just reading about Zebra shrimp and they seem to be in the same family and there is info saying they may even cross breed so I was just wondering if it was something good or bad to do.

· Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should head over to Shrimpnow.com (much nicer guys over there:icon_cool ) and look around... I've seen some pictures..Nothing too special mostly just small stuff like CRS banding on legs and things like that make them look obviouslt like hybrids. Sometimes the carapace (body/tail) gets all banded funky but you see a ton less pictures of that so I think it is probably a bit more uncommon. But then again, no one really tries to cross these two shrimp because it would screw stuff up... VERY complicated; I asked this question once..... it was too confusing so I just decided its a big NO NO!

-Andrew
Thanks for the reply. I did some more reading and although I could never find pics they said it was a NO NO and the results will just end up looking like an ugly shrimp. I'll probably go ahead and get the 20 or so since I have a 40 long I'll be using. All I need to do now is get a good divider in the tank and another small filter and i'm set!

· Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I have a 10g set up for them and may pick them up this weekend. Hopefully they don't die fast because it would be cool to breed them. They are all clear, but with blue crown and then blue stripes. Very nice looking indeed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.