The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an xp3. With the biostars and carbon pouch they provided I still have more than an entire basket empty. Any suggestions for simple, cheap(er), readily available setups?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,971 Posts
Filter floss always works well. If you have extra biomedia, that could go in as well (but would cost more than the filter floss).

You can get big rolls of the stuff as pillow batting (get the one that does not have the fire retardation chemical pregnated into the batting).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: pillow batting. Should I avoid batting that has a coating (glazene) to help it keep its shape or something like that. That's what the local fabric store offers.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
I use a factory replacement filter floss/pad for flow reasons and the fact that you can rinse them out over and over again so a little more cost up front for something that fits right and is made for my particular application makes me feel better. But for bio-media I like to use seachem Matrix, cheap and works wonderfully. I have also been eying eheim eheim Ehfilav but it just doesnt seem as promising as the matrix in flow or bio capabilities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts