The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Keep both. With only one it looks like you couldn't decide between rocks and wood, so one half became the "wood" side and the other is the "rock" side.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Keep both. With only one it looks like you couldn't decide between rocks and wood, so one half became the "wood" side and the other is the "rock" side.
Ditto, having both pieces in there creates a nice balance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like it...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
possibly move the new wood slightly behind the rocks on the right to hide the base? just like how you did with the left side? looks good nonetheless!

the base is buried in the sand

thanks all.. i think im gonna keep it just not sure if i like the way it is positioned though

·
Registered
42 Posts
The second piece brings the two sides together and makes them flow - as a previous posted mentioned, the two sides of the tank are not as disjointed with the second piece added in.

Just speaking from a visual perspective, is there something you can add in the back left corner to fill that in / something high up? Your tank looks great but the right side is heavier with all of the stones. Or maybe the stone wall in front of your original drift wood could build up another row higher towards the (left) wall of the tank (I don't know what the rules are of keeping those fish or how hard those are to stack though!) / taper out or down towards the middle?

Great job either way!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts