The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there long time lurker here. I just recently started a diy co2 in my 10 gal, I'm trying to grow some dwarf hair grass in it now. For the diffuser I'm just using an air stone. Yesterday I was kinda messing with the placement of the air stone and I put it by my heater. I have the heater at a slight angle cause it won't fit. I noticed that with the diffuser on the bottom next to the heater the bubbles will "ride" more or less to say the heater at a slower pace then just go in straight to the surface. And it also seems to break up the bubbles more too. Now my questions are have anyone else come about this and will having the bubbles ride the heater hurt the co2? Sorry for the poor picture i was taken from my phone. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Anything that will keep the bubbles from hitting the top faster is good. Now most use a diffuser to start off with smaller bubbles and then use whatever method they choose to have those bubbles stay under long enough to dissolve better. It's a good start though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
An awesome cheap diy diffuser can be had for $10 at your local fish store. Get one of those mini aquarium filters that sit in the tank... Run your co2 tube into the body of it and the impeller will break them up. And move the sponge to the outlet of the filter and the co2 will collect in it. I have a very fine mist that is rising to the top but the sponge is filled with co2 bubbles. Here is a video of a hagen. I used a different brand but it set up the same way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8G47254a8&noredirect=1

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.