The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious to hear your guys' dosing schedule. I'm using pfertz right now and the want me to does once a day for my 25g tank but I typically miss it and instead do 2 water changes a week and dose then. Then again, my tank is growing well but could be better.

I'd like to hear what you guys do (give some specs on if your tank is low/med/high tech and what kind of brand you use) and if your tanks doing as well as you'd like.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I've done both EI and ADA ferts. Same results. About to just recycle my ADA containers and invest in a gram scale and do my own mixed ferts. Much more economical and I can precision dose things like extra K (without worrying about altering the KH) and extra P (only comes in the Lights fert which also has extra NO3 in it which I have excess in my tap already) if I need to. Also I can make a juicier micros mix with more iron if desired.

Honestly, if you don't feel like doing your own stuff then just buy premixed/premade. They're all fertilizers. Plants don't care what brand they are or how they get them as long as they're there when they need to use them. ;) If you're running into issues with growth and you know 100% that you have adequate amounts of ferts then you may want to look into lighting and CO2.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I guess I'm doing a "modified" EI method. I think of it as a moderate tank, in my mind. 65 gallons, 2x39W T5HO, pressurized CO2 at 3-4bps, and I dry dose ferts. Fairly heavily planted.

My dosing regime is (each twice weekly):

1/2tsp. K2SO4
1/4tsp. KH2PO4
1/8tsp. KNO3
1/8tsp. CSM+B
1/16tsp. Iron chelate

I've played around with my dosing since I started the tank in June, and so far this particular scheme seems to be working well.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts