The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks who know how to keep shrimp alive,

Please design for me your dream 10g shrimp tank. Pick the plant species, substrate, hardscape elements, filter, and lighting. The only specification is no CO2.

I need some inspiration and insight into keeping shrimp.

Thanks!
Phil

·
Registered
545 Posts
Phil first of all do you have particular shrimp that you are interested in?? Stupidly I must ask is this your first dedicated shrimp tank?

You have probably been reading as we all do before we venture out into the shrimp world. Substrate does effect water table so best thoughts would be decide on what you want and go from there.

The higher the level of shrimp the more important that a nice aged tank is. Read about the importance of Biofilm.
I would go to one of the shrimp sites and look at the water parameters for different shrimp, then see what you would like to shoot for plant wise. Personally if this is your first ST I would go with something easy and really not feel so bad about any losses that you might incur. You are a experienced in aquariums, however this is shrimp. The cherries, yellows, blue-pearls are super easy.

Aqua Soil is great for keeping a stable PH and other factors. Many will use RO water for sheer purity of water. Shrimp are super sensitive to the slightest water issues, and will immediately drop dead on you!!!! Clean water is a must.
Figure out what shrimp you want and the designers will arrive LOL
Welcome to the dark side Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts