The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been awhile since I've posted any new pics of my tanks. Don't mind those with dirty glass, I like to leave a little for the critters to munch on.

10g #1

10g #2

10g #3

10g #4

10g #5

10g #6, more plants behind the giant pile of moss

All the 10's, all lined up

5g

75g, still relatively new. I had to cut back a lot of stuff that was covered with BBA

20H

10g Paludarium

Here are some fish pictures that turned out OK.

Bronze cory

Three-lined cory

Female ram, not sure why the blue appears to be glowing

Male ram

Geophagus steindachneri, a little one

Mr. ecco

Locke

Kate

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They all have pressurized CO2 except #6(DIY yeast). They all have HOB filters except the 75(XP3).
10g 1,4,5,6, and the paludarium use 2x20w screw in CF's
10g 2 has 2x15w flourescents
10g 3 has 1x65w PC
5g has 1x20w screw in CF
20g has 2x65w PC, but I only use one
75g has 4x65w PC

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Very cool. What kind of rock is that in the 20H? Really liked all of them and the 75 looks great too. Black neons are one of my favorites. Did you use to be in Indiana?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are the 10g lighting DIY? I want my tanks to look like that lol. What is the stocking for tank 10g #6? How do you have your DIY CO2 set up? I dont think Im getting any kind of production of CO2 from my DIY.
They are the incandescent hoods that hold two bulbs, came with the standard 10 gallon kit along with a marineland HOB filter. The DIY co2 is in a juicy juice bottle and fed into the filter intake via a limewood airstone.

Very cool. What kind of rock is that in the 20H? Really liked all of them and the 75 looks great too. Black neons are one of my favorites. Did you use to be in Indiana?
Black obsidian. It is really shiny until it gets some algae/biofilm on it. I love the black neons too. I'm trying to get about ten more for a total of thirty, but the stock around here isn't very good lately. I'm still in Indiana too.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Man I like the 20H!

All those tanks lined up like that is pretty awesome! I have a problem with wanting to stuff my tanks full of plants and multiple 10g's would probably fix that and look good at the same time!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Do you use a single CO2 bottle and a manifold or separate systems for each?

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Did you get the Black obsidian nearby? It looks awesome with the black substrate, is that eco? I want some Black obsidian! Mr. ecco is a nice fish......DC

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I love lost too :). Beautiful tanks, love your rams, cories, angels.

AND another compliment for your 20H. It looks like a great tank for a few apistos or something. What's in there now?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How big are those cory in the #3 ten gallon?? They look big!
They are average sized cory's, maybe 2 inches.

Do you use a single CO2 bottle and a manifold or separate systems for each?
I have two pressurized systems. One running the 75, 20, and paludarium and one running the six that sit together.

Did you get the Black obsidian nearby? It looks awesome with the black substrate, is that eco? I want some Black obsidian! Mr. ecco is a nice fish......DC
I got the obsidian at uncle bills, but specs has it too. I think it is 1.99/lb at both places. I think I've got about 25 lbs in there, I had to buy it three different times because I didn't get enough each time. There is a place up near madison and thompson that sells bulk rock. It is called nature products or something like that, I'm not sure if they carry black obsidian though. The substrate is tahitian moon sand. I wanted the blackest stuff I could find and this was it. I got mr ecco at uncle bills, he was the second that I purchased, the first didn't make it a day. I got the other two from RMC.

I love lost too :). Beautiful tanks, love your rams, cories, angels.

AND another compliment for your 20H. It looks like a great tank for a few apistos or something. What's in there now?
It's funny you say that. Right now I have some endlers in there keeping it cycled, but I've got a trio of Apistogramma cacatuoides 'Orange Flash' coming tomorrow.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.