The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

Tweaking the stocking plan for my new 10g. Still a month or so away from purchasing as tank is still cycling. Substrate is EcoComplete. PH 7.4-7.6 with 10% weekly water change. Aqueon 10 Filter. Temp 76F. Tank planted with Java Fern, Java Moss, Watersprite (Indian Fern), Crypt Wenditii (Bronze), Anubias Nana. Large piece of African Mopani Root as centerpiece.

Would this work as far as stock:

6 Mosquito Rasbora (Boraras brigittae)
or, depending on availability,
6 Dwarf Rasbora (Boraras maculatus)

4 Venezuelan Pygmy Cory (Corydoras habrosus)

5 RCS

Down the road, after tank has time to mature, would like to add 3 Oto's (Otocinclus macrospilus).

Would this be a feasible stocking plan? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I might end up going with 10 of the Rasboras and 6 of the Corys. I really want to be able to add the Oto's in 6 months or so. That should work, right?

Now back to the hardest part.... being patient enough to let the tank cycle so I can buy livestock. :)

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
haha totally understand your pain... I always get yelled at... people say I fill the tank up with the water from the fish bags, cause I add fish so quickly

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have 15 boraras brigittae in my 10 gallon and I see no problem with your stocking plan as I know I could definitely stand to add some scavengers. They aren't extremely active so, don't need as much swimming room as some fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts