The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

almost 1 week in to my HC DSM. Hoping I don't run into too many problems.

Tank- 6gal Fluval Edge
Lighting- Finnex FugeRay Planted+ 16 and Stock Fluval Edge 21 LED system/ 8 hour photo period
Co2- AQUATEK CO2 Regulator / Mini Paintball Co2 tank
Substrate- ADA Aquasoil Amazonia Powder
Stone- Ebay Seiryu Stone
Fertilization- N/A (I do have a few root tabs, may or may not use excel/Flourish.)
Plants- Micro Sword "Narrow Leaf" (LilaeopsisMauritius)
Baby Tears, Dwarf (Hemianthus callitrichoides)

I will keep posting pictures, any input is appreciated.

Kept moving the hardscape around for about a week until I settled. HC came in plastic culture cups with that horrible gel, tried to remove as much as I could before planting.

HC is misted and aired out every other day for 30-60 mins.
any questions let me know!

-Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
I don't have any input, but I would really like to know where you got those rocks. Those are awesome! Where can I find some rocks like those?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any input, but I would really like to know where you got those rocks. Those are awesome! Where can I find some rocks like those?
Search Seiryu Stone on ebay it will give you a few results. the rocks you get are random but the seller did a decent job giving me a variety of sizes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lovely setup! Can't wait to see how it grows.

Shadow, I recently ordered some from Peabody's Paradise. Beautiful plants great customer service :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, love the setup!

Where did you end up finding HC to buy? I can't seem to find it anywhere
hey shadow,

Its hard to find out here in Vegas, I have never seen it local. I got these pots from [Ebay Link Removed] I have also ordered from aquariumplants.com and was happy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It looks great so far. I really want to try something like this in my 5 gal. I'm bored with it and want to try something different. I love your choice of plants. I think your hardscape looks awesome. I especially like the little pockets created by the 3 stones around the big one.
\

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey everyone,

almost 1 week in to my HC DSM. Hoping I don't run into too many problems.

Tank- 6gal Fluval Edge
Lighting- Finnex FugeRay Planted+ 16 and Stock Fluval Edge 21 LED system/ 8 hour photo period
Co2- AQUATEK CO2 Regulator / Mini Paintball Co2 tank
Substrate- ADA Aquasoil Amazonia Powder
Stone- Ebay Seiryu Stone
Fertilization- N/A (I do have a few root tabs, may or may not use excel/Flourish.)
Plants- Micro Sword "Narrow Leaf" (LilaeopsisMauritius)
Baby Tears, Dwarf (Hemianthus callitrichoides)

I will keep posting pictures, any input is appreciated.

Kept moving the hardscape around for about a week until I settled. HC came in plastic culture cups with that horrible gel, tried to remove as much as I could before planting.

HC is misted and aired out every other day for 30-60 mins.
any questions let me know!

-Chris
How many pounds of Seiryu stone is that? I'm wondering so I know the right amount to buy :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
week 2

Hey everyone,

2 weeks in, everything is still looking good. Starting to see some deep roots. No melting or discoloration, nice and bright!

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Off to a good start!

I am about to attempt my first dry start using seiryu in a 8" cube with HC and stauro

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you noticing any growth?

Any tips?
Yeah definitely! I didn't see much the first week but it seems like once it got rooted it started to take off. The HC in the back left isn't getting much light and barely moving compared to the rest of the tank tho.

Tips? I feel like its more the products I am using then my skill lol.
I am trying not to over think the process, just a simple misting every other day with some time to air out. I have no standing water in my gravel its all only moist. I wipe water off the glass to avoid excess humidity. 1 or 2 more weeks and I will flood the tank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5 week update

Tomorrow will be 5 weeks! Getting everything ready to flood the tank, still happy with progress. Started to get a small amount of browning on a few leafs. I think it was too moist, I cut back on misting and let it air out a bit more. It seems to have helped. I have an interesting slime mold in the tank somewhere also, moves pretty quick.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
6 Week Flood!

All filled =)

Co2 injection setup, 3-4 bps will slowly reduce. Co2 and air bubbles trapped under the top glass is going to be a problem! Thinking of lowering water just enough to avoid this issue.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts