The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize ahead of time for posting yet another plant ID thread. :icon_mrgr

I've seen marsiliea quadrifolia grown submersed, and I know that it is just a 4-leaf clover, so I got to thinking... are there other clovers that can be grown submersed?

I've got these growing all over my backyard and have no clue as to what they are. Could they work?

Sorry for the crap cell phone picture, my camera is broken. The leaves are grouped in 3's and have a heart shape, and they are maybe 3-4cm. From looking at different clovers online I believe it may be Trifolium repens, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Will it grow???

You know that David letterman skit where they dream up stuff and then see if it will float?
Well I do that with plants...will it grow underwater??
So far I am about 50/50
Some stuff grows like wild.....pennywort is all over the yard and ludwigia but I have had alot of stuff "I was sure would grow underwater!" turn tomush....Lobelia comes to mind.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
At least I'm not the only one who comes up with crazy ideas like this. I've gotten into a bad habit of looking at plants and thinking, "hmm that would look great in an aquarium".
My favorite thing I tried so far is concrete moss. It is everywhere and so pretty! Doesn't work either. Those small seeds in bird food will sprout underwater, though. :proud: Lol.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My favorite thing I tried so far is concrete moss. It is everywhere and so pretty! Doesn't work either. Those small seeds in bird food will sprout underwater, though. :proud: Lol.
We should start a thread on terrestrial plants that don't work in aquariums. That way we'll know what not to look for when we're out and about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.