The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
You should drive up to our meetings, we meet monthly, DFW over on APC. Had Nico bring me a bunch of different things last meeting. Really nice stock from Inverts Factory. They are both members & Nice guys!!!!!!
We are always trading/sharing out plants and stock. You can buy from them direct and will bring to meeting's.
Nice Rabbit.
Karen

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Pretty much anything.

Make sure they don't get stuck and unable to move... I had three or four and now I have just shells... and about two dozen baby snails.

-Andrew

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have to comment that they're not plant safe. They've definitely eaten some holes in my crypts. (I've also seen pictures of them eating Annubias online) This isn't a big deal to me, but I'm sure a few on here who keep their tanks micro-manicured would be very unhappy with them.

It's not for lack of feeding them either, I keep zucchini and kale in this tank 24/7 and also feed veggie wafers regularly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your pictures show a lot of detail and look good to me. :icon_wink

I make a food that all of my snails and shrimp love. It's called Barbs Fall Pumpkin Snail Cookies. It takes a while to make but makes enough that it lasts a long time. You can freeze the kale and that will soften it so you don't have to blanch it if you don't want to. I use kale all of the time to feed my baby twig catfish.

Cocobid, it must be fun to live that close to folks selling so many great looking critters. :icon_bigg

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Congrats on the baby. I've got about 2 dozen or so in my tanks. They orriginally are pretty wide but they seem to grow extremely slow. I'm thinking the ones that we're buying must be at least a few decades old or so depending on the size... Unless they all the sudden hit a huge growth spirt.

-Andrew

·
Registered
298 Posts
We noticed that the baby Tylomelania snails grow much faster if they can get bloodworms. I guess any meat will do, but definitely the tank in which we fed only dry food had smaller babies.

--Nikolay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts