The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm equally considering each for my tank in planning. But which is more popular and more likely to sell, not that I'm going to be a serious breeder, just a small breeding stock for the occasional sell to the lfs. Are each similar in needs?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Just pick the one you like best. You've get more enjoyment out if it that way.

In terms of selling, check first if your LFS will even accept shrimp. Yes they both are the same in terms of care. Popularity of shrimp will rise and fall all the time. So its better if you just get something you like the best

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, if you are looking to ultimately sell them, I believe the blue pearls go for more money. That being said, if yellow is your favorite color, and blue your least, maybe you should go for the yellows.
You could even try to grab some CRS or other more desirable ones and snag a little more dough, especially because they aren't available in most LFS and you could sell exclusivity to the store.
As the previous poster said, unless you're looking to get into serious breeding, go for the ones you personally like best.

·
Banned
943 Posts
I think secretly every shrimp owner has dreams of becoming the next big shrimp selling mogul. lol. But yeah lots to consider here in terms of which shrimp. But I concur, just whichever makes you the happiest.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
For me, I'd like to be able to sell some locally because no else really does. There are some big 100$ + SSSS breeders and everything in between but they are an hour and a half away and nothing in my area but I don't have the time or money to become a big shrimp pimp, some it's something I enjoy and if I can sell some to buy more things great, so go with what you like and move up from there. Start small, test the market and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts