The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the little guy i got from an lfs is yellowish, i got him cause of his personality, he was basically schooling with some rasboras probably because of how little he was, but the yellow is becoming more pronounced, he is being quarantined with broad spectrum meds and deworming flakes, but im wondering if his coloration is normal for his age which i have yet to ask, but he is about an inch now, any help appreciated here is a pic of the litte guy

if it isnt normal guesses would be nice thanks

·
Registered
736 Posts
I don't know about the yellow...but that light sky blue is normal. He'll darken up in a few months. Sometimes fish turn pale under stressful conditions. Poor water quality, different parameters might be causing the yellow color? If you just got him that means he made a stressful trip from a breeders tank to the pet shop(probably different water parameters) then got picked up by you and is now in another tank(different water parameters) probably in the span of a week. Just make sure you have good water quality now, maybe even a cave for him to hide in..and he should perk back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.