The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I set up my first tank over the weekend. An assortment of big healthy plants... anubias, crypts, java fern, vallisneria, etc. It's only been a few days, and already the leaves on most of them are turning yellow and transparent. Very bad sign. The anubias looks OK, the crypts (wendtii) and vallisneria look godawful. Stats: hard water, 29g, 65w cf light, flourite/gravel substrate, dosed with flourish excel. What the heck could I have done wrong, what could be causing this to happen so suddenly? Just transplant shock? Thanks for any advice.
- Marc

·
Are these real?
15,722 Posts
Transplant shock could be a big part of it. Cryptocorynes in particular a prone to "melting" when moved to new conditions. That means they will lose most of their leaves... good news is that they should grow back.

Nothing good happens quickly in new planted tanks. In other words, give it some time, at least several weeks, before thinking failure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Errr. So I'll have to look at a tank full of flopped over dead plants? Arrrrgh! Does that mean I am likely to be overrun by algae? What do I do to combat that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.