The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a blue and yellow gourami earlier today and my yellow Gourami seems to like to rock back in forth in place using his fins, I don’t think it’s the shimmies because she is the only one doing it and not using his whole body, I was just wondering if this is bad? Also my blue gourami likes to chase my yellow one. The yellow one is female and the blue is male, is my blue gourami just a jerk or is he trying to mate? They have a lot of room and plants to hide in too

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
So I assume by blue, you mean something like Trichogaster trichopterus, yes? Or do you mean a blue dwarf gourami (Colisa lalia) ?

As for the yellow, that could be a honey gourami (Trichogaster chuna), or the gold form of T. trichopterus.

If you don't know the scientific names, attaching a picture would be helpful in figuring out what the species is.

Fish rocking back and forth: I've never witnessed behavior like it before, but it doesn't strike me as unhealthy.

Fish chasing: depends on the size of the tank. From what I understand, chasing is not part of the courtship process of gouramis.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pictures would definitely help. I have a couple blue dwarf gouramis and they are pretty aggressive. I had to move them into tanks with dither fish. They don't get along with females, or each other, or basically anything big and colorful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts