The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm pretty sure this is from the yeast mixture that got into the tank. I'm using the Hagen bubble ladder and noticed white slim near the end of the tube and tried to remove it. A few pieces broke away and this is the result two days later. It is starting to cover every thing in the tank. I just performed a 50% water change, hopefully the chlorine kill off the yeast cells. I'm hoping due to the lack of sugar in the water that the yeast will also starve.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
You'll need to perform additional large water changes, once or twice a day, to remove the yeast.

You should continue dechlorinating the water. Chlorine is too damaging to fish gills. Instead, add 1 tablespoon 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10G of tank capacity after each water change. That will help kill off some of the yeast. And also has the benefit of adding oxygen to the water, which the yeast are consuming.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That will help kill off some of the yeast. And also has the benefit of adding oxygen to the water, which the yeast are consuming.
I didn't know that! I guess you really do learn something new every day.

·
Registered
528 Posts
But then the problem is fishy tasting beer. :hihi:
As long as they approve of the taste and are willing to share its fine.:icon_smil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.