The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm a pretty new aquarist and I have a 90l tank that has become heavily planted in the last week with various donations from people. Therefore, I've decided to get a yeast CO2 injector.

My question is this: Will constant CO2 night and day cause problems for my fish, and if so, is there any way to electrically shut off the CO2 injection overnight using a timer switch and airline-friendly valve?

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find an answer here using the search function :).

·
Registered
674 Posts
I wouldnt stop the flow as the bottle the yeast is in might explode unless it has some sort of pressure relief valve, which is not worth doing on DIY yeast. Just run it 24/7 or remove the output from your tank at night

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've run 2x 2 liter bottles of DIY on a 20 long and it was never enough to stress the fish.

And no- I don't think it is worth it to buy the solenoid valve and end up blowing the yeast solution all over your walls when the pressure builds. You don't not want to mess around with it.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
If you used a three way solenoid you could do it. When the solenoid is closed it vents to the air.

But there is no reason to do so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to clarify here, it's not a DIY yeast system, it's a nutrafin Natural Plant System. Does that make any difference?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts