The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone integrated an air pump and check valves to diffuse yeast CO2. I was going to use a t-connector with check valve on yeast line and suction clip a T-connector near HOB intake/output to disperse it. Either way I don't have sufficient pressure with yeast line but would like to utilize a spare air pump I have.

Can plantedtank help? Pics or MSPaint would help also

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
If you are talking about using a power head to help diffuse the co2 then yes, it is done all the time. One of the best I have seen is a hagen mini elite. You can just put the pump in your tank (preferably as low as possible and in a corner) and plumb the co2 line in the intake of the pump. These work great.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alternative to Elite

I have a pwrhead and elite on my other tanks. I have a spare air pump I would like to use for a reactor chamber(to cause pressure change sufficient for yeast CO2 to get to depth of tank and diffuse). I am just asking if someone has pictures/illustrations/links on using an air pump/reactor chamber creatively instead of HOB intake/output, pwrhead, and elite mini to suck and diffuse CO2 through tank.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
I have a pwrhead and elite on my other tanks. I have a spare air pump I would like to use for a reactor chamber(to cause pressure change sufficient for yeast CO2 to get to depth of tank and diffuse). I am just asking if someone has pictures/illustrations/links on using an air pump/reactor chamber creatively instead of HOB intake/output, pwrhead, and elite mini to suck and diffuse CO2 through tank.
I think you may be a pioneer on this one. Keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.