The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been neglecting my two tanks for awhile. patches of the hc in my ada have been overrun with staghorn and my 10 gal truvu (my shrimp only tank) is a complete mess.

for the ada, i removed the patches of infected hc, did a water change, cleaned out the filter, soaking the purigen in bleach/water. i think i saw the rcs and the rummy noses happier and smiling. :proud:

in the truvu, i decided to remove the javafern, it was just all bushy and nasty looking. i cleaned off some algae inside the tank, removed HELLLA snails, did a water change, cleaned out the hob whisper.

while admiring the 10 gal, i noticed something odd. holy crap, crs babies on the sponge filter. they hatched they hatched. woohoo i was happy..... then i realized, holy crap, there probably was some crs babies in that java fern. d'oh.
:eek:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hella Norcal!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
9 Posts
you have a problem with snails? lucky lol I have a problem- i can't find snails anywhere! I wanted to buy some tiny ones who will breed in the tank for my pea puffers. they need little baby snails to keep their teeth worn down. they are babies now eating fresh hatched baby brine, but as they grow i will need snails!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
so i have been neglecting my two tanks for awhile. patches of the hc in my ada have been overrun with staghorn and my 10 gal truvu (my shrimp only tank) is a complete mess.

for the ada, i removed the patches of infected hc, did a water change, cleaned out the filter, soaking the purigen in bleach/water. i think i saw the rcs and the rummy noses happier and smiling. :proud:

in the truvu, i decided to remove the javafern, it was just all bushy and nasty looking. i cleaned off some algae inside the tank, removed HELLLA snails, did a water change, cleaned out the hob whisper.

while admiring the 10 gal, i noticed something odd. holy crap, crs babies on the sponge filter. they hatched they hatched. woohoo i was happy..... then i realized, holy crap, there probably was some crs babies in that java fern. d'oh.
:eek:

Nice, Euge. Were you by any chance drunk while you were doing this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ian, of course i was drinking. ahahhah

naw the fern was tossed out awhile before i saw them tiny little candy canes. ehhhhh. no worries. just gotta be more careful next time around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts