The Planted Tank Forum banner

Yay!!! ????

625 Views 7 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  shrimpcrazy00
Well I finally succeed in growing algae and not just green water :)

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
now

I just hafta figure out what kind it is... it started out kinda like hair algae now its taken over the tank in just a couple weeks...
That is definitely algae! But not sure how clean that is and wouldn't risk putting my shrimps in that.
That is definitely algae! But not sure how clean that is and wouldn't risk putting my shrimps in that.
I'm not even sure that I would risk putting my hands in that! LOL

Algae is a real PITA.
hmm

I'm thinking I'll skim off all the nasty looking stuff and put a tiny bit in a extra tank with just a single shrimp and see how that goes. The tank I grew the algae in was a extra 3 gallon tank I had sitting around. The water its self in the tank is clear and not nasty looking at all, mh phone doesn't do the best pictures lol.
Btw I grew it using a organic fertilizer stick they was selling at farmers market.
Somehow the word "fertilizer" and shrimps don't really go along for me. I wouldn't put any but if you HAD to put one shrimp, find the one that u just can't stand because it's mean or w/e.
well

I made sure to read the ingredients ;).. no copper or hard metals.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.