The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now

I just hafta figure out what kind it is... it started out kinda like hair algae now its taken over the tank in just a couple weeks...

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
That is definitely algae! But not sure how clean that is and wouldn't risk putting my shrimps in that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
That is definitely algae! But not sure how clean that is and wouldn't risk putting my shrimps in that.
I'm not even sure that I would risk putting my hands in that! LOL

Algae is a real PITA.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm

I'm thinking I'll skim off all the nasty looking stuff and put a tiny bit in a extra tank with just a single shrimp and see how that goes. The tank I grew the algae in was a extra 3 gallon tank I had sitting around. The water its self in the tank is clear and not nasty looking at all, mh phone doesn't do the best pictures lol.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Btw I grew it using a organic fertilizer stick they was selling at farmers market.

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Somehow the word "fertilizer" and shrimps don't really go along for me. I wouldn't put any but if you HAD to put one shrimp, find the one that u just can't stand because it's mean or w/e.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.