The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I work for my Dad, doing AutoCAD. Computer Aided Drafting.. he is a Civil Engineer. So, I basically draw walls that go on buildings. Going to the jobsite is cool, but sitting in front of comp all day is boring :mad:

So, do you get 10% Discount now?? :tongue:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Awesome congrats, hopefully my first job will be at my LFS too.

And Yoko, AutoCAD is a great program :D I am probably going to use it next year in high school in the Engineering Magnet Program I got accepted to.

·
Registered
420 Posts
RES how old are you?!?!?!

ACAD= :sleep:

intermision, how much is State tax over there?
Here it's almost 8%, so like, an employee discount would be like getting the thing at regular price out the door, no tax :icon_roll wack ahha

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
7.85% here. Not sure it's the same there, but when I worked at a LFS, they calculated the total (incl. tax) and then gave 15% discount (employee) from that. I think they still need to calculate the proper sales tax for any transaction, to keep the IRA happy ;)

·
Registered
889 Posts

Here it's almost 8%, so like, an employee discount would be like getting the thing at regular price out the door, no tax :icon_roll wack ahha
I'll be turning 15 in September lol :icon_roll

I believe taxes in Miami are 7% :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Sales tax are like 8.25 and my discount is 20% I got a $20 fish for 17.68 or something like that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
HAHAHHAHAHA!!! o man!!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'll be turning 15 in September lol :icon_roll

I believe taxes in Miami are 7% :)
So, I will call you RESboy :icon_cool

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sales tax are like 8.25 and my discount is 20% I got a $20 fish for 17.68 or something like that.
Jeez... hahah I worked at a clothing store when I was younger... I ended up buying more than I was selling... ahhaha I hate "Employee Discounts" :icon_roll

I guess the perks for working for my Dad is I get free food :icon_roll haha

Sorry for the triple post!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah i work at the LFS and i get about 74 a pay period and bring home...maybe 55-60 of those. the rest goes to ordering cool fish, plants and feeding the zoo. oh yeah and paying off my 120 :).

i love my job but some days the

"how many oscars can i but in a 29 gallon?" gets so old its all i can do to not lose my temper. I just tell myself that everyone is asking because they dont know....its my job to teach some days i feel like a skipping record :).

Have fun with the job its a chance to talk shop with people that want to listen :D (unlike most of my friends and family :p )

jason

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yeah, I had people tell me they wanted a Nemo and in the course of conversation, I found out that they only had a fw tank! lol. One or two people said "sweetwater" instead of "freshwater". Always made me think for a few seconds. There's also the very, very common myth that ALL bettas will kill each other and other fish. lol. I always had fun explaining that one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
"sweetwater", tho?? hahahaha

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.