The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Are the lighting for those non co2 tank 23W CFL 6500k ? Can you tell us a little more about your dosing/ water change schedule when you first set them up?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hmm actually I think that they're phillips CFL 23w, warm white which would be 2700k or so. The pics are not color corrected, so they actually don't look as yellow as one might think ?.

For the non-CO2 tanks, I pre-soak the soil for a couple of weeks before using, and as per habit, add some base fertilizer, iron rich clay. Dosing wise, I dose 20ppm nitrates(KNO3) and about 1ppm phosphate (k2HPO4) every 2 weeks, combined with a 50% water change. I don't dose Fe until I start to see deficiencies or slowed growth. The temperature of the tanks are quite warm though (its the tropics here), all tanks run above averagely 80f, with highs of 84f-86f. Its not a static system though, dosing changes as plant reaction changes. I.e. If I see GSA on the glass, I'll increase phosphate dosing.
Wonderful! Thank you!

·
Registered
405 Posts
what stones do you use in this lay out ? I like the depth of this scape. But would it be considerable to "hide" the end of the path so that itd look infinite :D?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thank for sharing the back's picture, the tank has an amazing depth itself. Do you think it's "dirt-able" on the entire tank ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts