The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

As the title states I am setting up a 30 gallon tank and am wondering if I can run an xp3 on it or if this will give me too much current?

The reason I ask is that with the petsmart coupon code the difference between the XP2 and XP3 is 10 dollars, so it makes sense to go with the larger filter with more media capacity. I am just afraid that the current might be too much.

Would reducing the flow on the powerbar to its lowest setting and facing the spray bar towards the back of the tank take care of this problem?

The plan for this tank is for it to be a low tech planted RCS shrimp tank with a small school of galaxy rasboras.

The tank dimensions are 36" x 12" x 16".

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would do it, I have XP3 on a 46, but I also have a Hydor and an AM1000 inline. It gives you extra capacity to add stuff later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your replies everyone. I decided to go ahead and get the XP3, and hopefully it works out for the best. Now all i need is for my light and eco complete to arrive in the mail and I will be able to set this tank up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.