The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody have the same problem as me. My hoses (input & output) are getting brown stuff (ALGAE???) inside. Does anybody know what this stuff could be? I will post ics later. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
It's just algae and debris that collects over time. You can either replace them if it gets too bad, or find a way to clean them out -- There are brushes that they make, designed for that task. Try bigals or one of the other places. It is a good idea to do something about it as it can restrict water flow once it collects enough.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your LFS will carry flexible brushes designed to clean inside of tubing. To clean my XP3 hoses I tie some strong fishing line to one of the brushes, a small weight to the other end of the fishing line. Drop the weight down through the tube then pull the brush through with the fishing line. Repeat a couple of times and your hoses are almost like new. Takes 10 minutes every 6 months or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.