The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to refill the canister after I did a water change, I pushed the lever down and the canister started filling....Then it stopped, but the canister still lacked a inch or two from being full...I emptied it, tried again, same results. Has any1 else had this problem? Help!

·
Registered
85 Posts
you can use the funnel that comes with the unit and fill the balance from the top. I generally fill the filter myself when I do a good cleaning to about an inch from the top.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been filling it's self just fine till now...I don't get it...

·
Registered
786 Posts
according to the directions with the filter, you're supposed to wait a couple minutes before turning it back on. The pressure should self-fill it all the way up. I noticed that if I had things plumbed inline then it didn't fill all the way. You can (quickly) unlatch and latch again one or two of the clamps in order to get rid of the air.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you have anything on the output side of the filter, like a CO2 reactor? How is the water level in the tank? Is it completely full or, is it down a few inches. When I was test setting up my 75G and my two XP2s these both effected its ability to fill. If I had the water level down about 4 inches from the frame, one of them would not always refill itself. Once I filled the entire tank, it never had a problem again. I also use a CO2 reactor on the output side of my other XP2, and I need to flip the CO2 reactor over, to release built up air, for it fully fill itself.

Jon

·
Are these real?
15,750 Posts
I always re-attach my XPs filled up to the brim. You could try that...

Also, have you turned on the filter, does it work? If so, let it run a little, then turn it off, and lift one of the clamps, while pushing down on the cover. You will hear the air escaping, and the water filling up. Once full, close the clamp, bingo, no more air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.