Hagen Co2 System
Red Sea Co2 System
EI Dosing
Fluval 203

Plants:
Taiwan Moss
Java Fern Narrow Leaf

DAY 1

The Tank is still Cloudy, I want your suggestion on what plants to put on the background, about the Foreground plant im gonna put Riccia Fluitans

·
Registered
695 Posts
make it a shrimp tank!!! for the background hmm maybe corkscrew vals, hair grass, Cabomba furcata,Cryptocoryne spiralis ?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I really like the little island. That is going to be some dense moss. I also like the idea of Riccia, but I offer another idea.

Use the Riccia as the foreground, but plant hairgrass behind it. I think it would look nice, but I'm no aquascaper.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you got what im thinking, im planning to put some Hairgrass at the back, but not the dwarf type, the long Hairgrass (i forgot what it called) and some E. tennulus at the side

·
Registered
676 Posts
That's very cool, I like this set-up a lot.

Unfourtunatly great plants such as taiwan moss are hard to come by here. :(

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right now im not dosing any ferts, but i dont know in a Moss tank if ferts is required, but i know its benificial

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update:
co2 system and i change the filter to AC 20, Fluval 203 is overkill :D

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
coop...nice tank dude...simple layout and i can see how cool that thin leaf java will be when it fills.....awesome job. You don't need EI dosing...just light...though it will benefit from ferts because of the CO2/light. Looks great....fill us in when it fills in~

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, im also thinking to put Hairgrass at the background,,, what do you guys suggest about the foreground:

Riccia
or
Dwarf Hairgrass

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some update:

I change the narrow leaf with Java Fern Windelov and put some blxya Japonica at the side then some kind of Apongeton at the back

1 - 20 of 20 Posts