The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 15 Bloodfin Tetras I want to trade for either Harlequin Rasbora or Neon Tetras.

The Bloodfin's were nice in my aquarium until I decided I wanted to get shrimps. I bought about 10 of them, thinking they had enough places to hide in a fully planted 37 gallon tank (so very very wrong, the bloodfins tracked them all down and picked them clean). After only having them for 24 hours, I woke up to find a lone male alive while the rest were in pieces floating around the tank. I'm more of an Aquascaper than a Aquarist, so I need the shrimp to take care of the algae and plant detritus. The wife wants fish in a "fish tank" so I have to get something in there. All the LFS are not willing to trade (why would they... no $$$ involved...) so i'm asking the forum. Anyone near the Omaha, NE area who have the requested fish, and are interested please PM me. I'm not shipping the fish, that's just to stressful for them, but I am willing to drive to meet halfway as long as it's not more than 2 hours.

The Bloodfins are very healthy and their red is very vibrant, I expect the fish I'm trading for to be in the same condition.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried, there are only about 3-4 Mom/Pop fish stores around the area. First one I called said no, second one is closing down (Rumor, but they're been closed since November), third one only deal with Cichlids, and the last one have a small selection of fish as they deal mostly in pond supplies. Petco and Petsmart don't do trades or credit (even if they did, those poor fish are always sickly).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts