The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am looking to re-home a group of wild caught / tank raised Hyphessobrycon Wadai. This is a lesser known tetra from the upper Rio Tapajós basin and are very rewarding when kept in the correct environment. They can be shy at first but once established they swarm like piranhas for food. They do jump if they get scared so a lid is recommended.

Mine bred in a high tech planted community tank and the babies survived without any special treatment (Honestly i didn't know they were there until they came out to eat with the adults one day!) There is 20 at least in the group but are hard to count. I purchased the group online from The Wet Spot and they cost $12 each plus shipping. I am not looking to make any money on them i will take $100 for the group. I would just like to re-home them to preferably an experienced hobbyist who can provide them with a larger tank.

Im located in Colorado Springs but can meet in Denver to drop them off.

Here is a picture of them in my tank. They're an amazing pink/red/blue/purple color.

image0 (1).jpg

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hello!

Interesting, I was just looking at these a few days ago. I have a 72G needing a new main fish group. Let me double check a few things before I commit!

·
Registered
340 Posts
What are the parameters they are in now and breeding? Do they have sand / what is their substrate?

I would like to get them. It seems my tank will be a good match, but want to make sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts