The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, Want to Lease!

I can't afford a system so I was hoping to barter for a "lease" of a UV sterilizer for my 29g tank. I had a post about green water you may have read and after blacking it out from Sunday-Thursday it's still a problem.

I am willing to trade something or pay a small amount to "lease" a UV system from somebody who has it collecting dust in their closet. I don't know how much time I would need since I haven't used one before.

To trade I have this double membrane CO2 diffusor in it's original box and has never even been wet. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=9907&N=2004+113779

I could also trade plants from my 10G which is in good condition; I have plenty of Crypt willisi, some glosso, and a small clump of java moss.

Post here or PM me if you are interested or if you have a suggestion for a new idea.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to add that I would pay shipping, ship the barter/payment, then ship it back to you after the agreed upon time.

I know I don't have any Ptrader points but hopefully that will change soon.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great idea Ken! If you were closer (within driving distance :hihi: ) I'd have no problem leasing mine to you (good to note for those in CNY) but shipping, insurance, packaging, distance, etc...just can't do it, sorry. My only caveat is that it's a 40W turbotwist and probably too big for your application anyway:icon_wink

Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose it would be very easy for somebody with driving distance and I have thought of the risks of the process. I was trying to think of some sort of appropriate collateral but nothing comes to mind.

How much do you think shipping w/insurance would cost on say, a 9W system?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts