The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 30 adult Yellow Shrimp various times during late August early September, and out of the 30 (from 3 different people in 3 different states) only one ended up being female. I guess I am incredibly unlucky, or it was done on purpose since they were sold as mixed bag of "juveniles" and adults; but really they were adult sized :icon_roll.

So I am in need maybe 6-10 young sexable shrimp that are females, I already have 29 males that will probably harass that one female to death then I'd be left with none. :icon_frow

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
I bought 30 adult Yellow Shrimp various times during late August early September, and out of the 30 (from 3 different people in 3 different states) only one ended up being female. I guess I am incredibly unlucky, or it was done on purpose since they were sold as mixed bag of "juveniles" and adults; but really they were adult sized :icon_roll.

So I am in need maybe 6-10 young sexable shrimp that are females, I already have 29 males that will probably harass that one female to death then I'd be left with none. :icon_frow
This has unfortunately happened to me more than once... "mixed sex" sometimes means 9 males and a female...

Technically mixed sex but a pretty dirty move. I wish I could help but my yellows have just begun to breed.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Did I really not send you any females? I tried to send a mixed bag to everybody. Sorry:redface:, that certainly wasn't intentional. I can probably spare some females for shipping cost only, but I'm not sure how many. I'll check my shrimp count, and PM you soon.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have 1 male and like 6 females. I'll trade you : )
Can only trade with money haha, don't got shipping supplies

This has unfortunately happened to me more than once... "mixed sex" sometimes means 9 males and a female...

Technically mixed sex but a pretty dirty move. I wish I could help but my yellows have just begun to breed.
Maybe when you have explosion of females to males.....:hihi:

Did I really not send you any females? I tried to send a mixed bag to everybody. Sorry:redface:, that certainly wasn't intentional. I can probably spare some females for shipping cost only, but I'm not sure how many. I'll check my shrimp count, and PM you soon.
I think my single female came from you actually since you were the most recent person I got it from, cuz it was the only shrimp in the bag with an actual saddle after trying to count them (haha just a little paranoia thing); none of my other shrimps from early had one. And I still only have one female, so it must have been from you originally.

At least I got one instead of none hehe, but a more equal female to male ratio would be nice to look at plus I'm sure the girl would like more female companions, let me know :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.