The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking around for this plant for quite a while. i rather do a pick up unless im convinced to do shipping because ive never yet shipped any plants or fish and i abhor the shipping rates. im in lawrenceville, nj

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am currently regrowing after an unexpected melting by my own design. The plants are starting to grow pretty good now, but it will be a week or two before they get large enough to start putting on runners. If you can wait, I will have some then.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I wish I could ship them to you. I have so much of those that I give them away frequently and when no one is interested they end up in the trash can (after drying out).

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats exactly what im looking for lol it would look perfect in my 180 in the far right corner with a powerhead making it sway. im desperate to get this plant lol and what product melted them? im using metricide currently at the same dosing of excel, which would be like doubling one excel. im hoping thats not what killed ur plants cuz so far ive used it on plants like elodea and java fern which supposedly melt but are actually flourishing

·
Registered
541 Posts
Metricide 14. Excel did not melt my Vals (Spiral or Italian) but Metricide 14 took the beauties to there knees. I had OD for algae control with the Excel and had minor damage to the Vals, but on small doses of Metricide 14 I found them to show significant signs of damage but shrugged it off to other factors. Not until I gave a full dose of Metricide 14 did I see what horrible things it could do. After first night the plants looked semi translucent, by day two they were falling apart, and by day 3 it was a complete break down of the plant nearly to the root. I will send current photo's to show the current growth. I would sell some now but am afraid they would be overly stressed and die. Hopefully they send off runners soon and I can spread the plant to more that want them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats a beautiful tank!!!!! and ive been using metriced 14 as well at the same dosing as excel...... maybe if i start at a quarter of the dosing of excel and slowly build my way up to normal dosing the vals would disintegrate. o and take ur time with the plants ill wait till ur ready to sell them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
8 ft off the leaves?! how long were they?! lol treetom, do u think if u use metricide at half the dosing of excel that it would affect the plants? because its basically 2.6% glutaraldehyde and the rest water and excel is something like 1.3? or 1.4% glut. so if u do 1 ml of metricide for every 20 gallons instead of 10 gal, it would be the same as dosing excel

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm starting to think that Metricide is detrimental at any amount. I have a small amount in my DIY liquid fertilizer to prevent molding. Even low doses seem to cause plant stress. However I suspect it may be a mix of the Metricide and the ferts, or the ferts entirely.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.