The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a new top peice for my 125g its the black or brown peice for it. The size is 72x18 pleaselet me know were i can get one cheap or if any of you guys have one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the braces across the middle were broken when i got the tank for free. So i need to get a top for it so i can put the glass on the tank.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My 220 gallon Perfecto brace broke and the 3 glass lids along with 2 double strip lights fell into the tank. Anyway, it took like 3-4 MONTHS to convinced them to make it and sell it to me.

It's going to be hard to find a replacement. If it wasn't for the fish and the overflows in place, it would have been easier to get another tank. Also, ripping out the cracked frame and cleaning off the silicon was not fun.

Just my opinion...good luck though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
You can make one if your a little handy. You could use wood and make sure to make it waterproof with something that doesn't leach into the tank or you could buy some type of hard plastic and make one out of that. I think that would be your best bet.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have some clear hex-shaped acrylic rod handy, I'd be happy to cut a piece to size for you. It could be siliconed in place, though the tank would need to be dry. I'd also need the EXACT front-to-back measurement.
I once ordered a new top for a 30 long from my lfs, then found it didn't fit the tank. Apparently, different manufacturers build their tanks to slightly different sizes. I did replace the top molding on a 55 last year, the old piece was tough to get off. It was siliconed into place, and had to be broken to remove it. I didn't glue the new one down...

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
im looking for a new top peice for my 125g its the black or brown peice for it. The size is 72x18 pleaselet me know were i can get one cheap or if any of you guys have one.
I had a LFS order a top frame for me, think that was an isolated incident though. Glass cages should have them, call and see if they will sell you one. Looks like one for a 90 is $14........DC
Glasscages.com - Price List: Tank Frames

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the want 59.99 for the top peice at my lfs. witch is kinda pricey thats why i wanna see if you guys knew were i could get one at or had an extra one laying around the house.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Seein' as how a 125 runs about 350-400 dollars (unless you can catch one on sale,) 60 bucks doesn't sound that much. Check at a couple different LFS if you can though. Prices are likely to vary from one to another, even for the same item.

·
Registered
159 Posts
picture frame hooks and picture hanging wire.

that's what i used to fix my 45g brace that broke. it appeared that someone actually tried to lift the tank with the brace. i used some picture hooks and bent them so they hooked over the front and back of the tank, and used picture hanging wire to tie them together. can't use a normal top with it, but i'll find something ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
could u maybe show me a pic of what you are talking about. I dont have the braces tho to put back on tank they didnt come with the tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts