The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Hydra in my 10 gallon shrimp tank . will someone please please , sell or send me some of the wormer stuff that will kill them off but not harm my RCS and snails >????? Please

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We do have a petco here , Im assuming that would have it too ??? I dont have brigs in that tank , .. thanks I will check out those links

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool , I will be picking some up next time Im in town , thanks again

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK , went to Petco , no luck they dont have it , so anyone have some you can send me??? PLEASE

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
its dog deworming powder. its not intended for a fish tank so if you ask for dewormer for a fish tank they will look at you like you have 2 heads. i got mine at a petsmart, but im sure almost any pet suply store carries it. i'll try to find a picture of the box for you...

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
theres 3 difrent collored boxes. i think the green one is the cheapest. there should be enuf in the cheapest box to deworm your tank about 100 times.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you have a feed store near you they will carry it as well. That is where I got mine. It does not take much in the tank to kill the hydra. Just a very small pinch and when you put it in the tank make sure you turn off the filter and take any AC out of it as it will filter out the meds. After 2 doses you sould do a 50% water change on the tank. This should have no ill effect on the shrimp in the tank.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
I have a box ready for an emergency.
I can send you 2 packages in the box. that should be more than enough. Make sure to not overdose. Aim for 4ppm.

pm me if you want them.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
dont quote me on this but i think its 1 gram per 10 gal. dont forget to break it up cuz its kind of chunky. lay a dollar bill over top of the pile of meds and run a credit card over it to break up the rocks.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I used Joes juice on mine and it worked great. Just thought I would chime in. it comes with a syringe and you suck up the stuff and squirt it over the anemones. Its for salt water pest anemones but it works since it was the only thing I had. I had nerites snails in the tank and yellow shrimp.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a box ready for an emergency.
I can send you 2 packages in the box. that should be more than enough. Make sure to not overdose. Aim for 4ppm.

pm me if you want them.

PMING you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
None of my local petstores have the right kind , I did not check the feed store though , oh well Pming mistergreen :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts