The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Snails, any kind I don't care what they are. If they're a nuisance to your tanks, drop a piece of Lettuce into the tank and let the snails swarm all over it, then pluck it out and send me the snails. I'll pay shipping :) I Need more Puffer fish food.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, Snails, any kind I don't care what they are. If they're a nuisance to your tanks, drop a piece of Lettuce into the tank and let the snails swarm all over it, then pluck it out and send me the snails. I'll pay shipping :) I Need more Puffer fish food.
Dwarf puffers ehh, Most of the time, you can go to a petsmart or petco and they will give you their nuisance snails for free!

Then go and get a say, 2.5 gallon tank and start breeding them!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I could probably come up with about 50 mixed pond and ramshorn.I'm sure I can round up some small MTS as well, if you'd like. I've heard that they're a little harder for DPs to eat tho. Shipping will be about $4.50 Priority Mail. I'll find you as many as I can over the weekend and ship them out Monday or Tues. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
I just got like 250+ MTS and ramhorns from petsmart for free. I threw them all in my 10g...I see ZERO snails already and my puffers look like they are going to explode, but are still hunting! can you believe that sh!+?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I can! I threw 30 Ghost Shrimp into my Green Spotted Puffer tank and they were gone within 2 weeks. The tank has been set up for maybe a month now and there is already quite the collection of snail shells on the one end of it, the feeding grounds. I'm more concerned with the Green Spotted Puffers really because they're bigger and eat more than the Dwarf Puffers.

·
Registered
135 Posts
you can offer them shell on frozen uncooked shrimp. that will help a little bit with tooth wear (and budgets). Another thing you can offer is really small crayfish (will be messy but interesting to watch). If you want i can let you know when we get some tiny ones in at work, we got a couple small ones (at least when i worked last) there now.

I use frozen crays on my Mbu as a treat and she takes them apart like candy. the ceylons and spotteds i have will eat pretty much anything they can find. :).

hope that helps some.

jason

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah, that does help some.

By the way, can you get shipments of snails there? I just picked up an acrylic cube thats leaky, but I could probably use it for breeding snails.

Blueguppygirl, I got your PM. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.