The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a small piece of pond liner to create a small waterfall in my 18g container pond. I need a piece roughly 18"x18".

The problem I'm having is once the water is cascading over the rocks, some of the water creeps underneath and out of the container. I lost 90% of the water in 4hrs when I first set it up so now it shoots past the big rock. I've tried using thick glad bag folded to size but its too slippery for the large rock.

I'm open to any other suggestions/alternatives

I'm in the Los Angeles area (SGV)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rock stays in place just fine. It's the water loss that seeps under that I'm trying to deal with. A small sheet of liner placed under the rock overlapping the edge of the container will divert any water that goes under the rock.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just throwing out an idea but maybe use some PVC piping to route the water and make a sort of fall or stream? Cut the piping in half cross-section wise and you could create a stream affect without needing liner. -It looks better in my head than I can explain it LOL.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whatever route I take, I want it to cascade over rocks placed at the edge of the pond. Without a liner, the water will sneak out from under the rock.

If I'm understanding you right, I would bypass the water flowing over the rock and straight into the pond. That's how it is right now with the 1/2" hose with tons of turbulence. Water over the rocks with give me a gentle stream with less water movement. As it sits, my floaters get tossed under water non stop.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts