The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for some Rotala green and Rotala h’ra. Looking for a deal on many stems of each. Let me know what you have. Also need a small amount of mini pellia and Christmas moss.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn’t think it would be this hard to find these plants but maybe the traffic on this site isn’t what it used to be a couple of years ago. If anyone can help me out I would be very appreciative. I’m starting another new tank and just need these plants and would prefer to buy from another hobbyist.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Don't think it's traffic-related. It's that the specific plants you're on the hunt for are tough to find with hobbyists these days. Everyone has super-flashy plants to try to show off on social media and doesn't keep the tried & true stuff we're used to.

It took me almost six months to find a hobbyist with Mini Pellia/Riccardia chamedryfolia last year. Couldn't get much when I found it, so ultimately had to end up spending a bit more than I wanted in order to get a tissue culture. I found it and true Christmass Moss at Green Leaf Aquariums, so may be worth checking there.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think it's traffic-related. It's that the specific plants you're on the hunt for are tough to find with hobbyists these days. Everyone has super-flashy plants to try to show off on social media and doesn't keep the tried & true stuff we're used to.

It took me almost six months to find a hobbyist with Mini Pellia/Riccardia chamedryfolia last year. Couldn't get much when I found it, so ultimately had to end up spending a bit more than I wanted in order to get a tissue culture. I found it and true Christmass Moss at Green Leaf Aquariums, so may be worth checking there.
I guess I’m old school when it comes to both plants and social media. I’m one of the few that doesn‘t have Facebook and like the plants that don’t just look good in an Instagram picture. I haven’t been on the site in awhile and thought maybe the newer hobbyists are spending more time on the social media accounts to get rid of excess plants. I appreciate the info for the moss and mini pellia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts