The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some reflector material for my DIY project. I need two pieces that are 8in X 8in or close to it (since i don't have an easy way to cut it). Please let me know if you have some. (PM would be best).

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Reflector material

Hi,

I have mirrorized mylar, really, really thick stuff, mirrorized on both sides, that I use to make perfect parabolic reflectors. (I can even show you a series of slides how I did it.) I also know a guy who makes mirro aluminum reflectors for very reasonable rates for t-8 fixtures (bulbs on 2 3/8 inch centers). If either of these interests you, email me. I'm in kind of a hurry this morning, or would elaborate.

-DK

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Aaron, did you see the shipping price....lol. the material may be cheap...how about $90 shipping.

Better off with the stuff the greenisgood offered. Or do some investigation into local machine shops near you, especially if you have no way to bend and cut the material yourself.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
I looked at it again just now. The only shipping option available online is Overnight FedEx Express. No wonder it's $90.00 for shipping. I emailed them to see if that's an error or if they'd be willing to ship ground for cheaper.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is what I need reflectors for....

This is the lighting under my canopy...

This is an individual 65W "compact" florescent 6700K bulb. The bulbs roughly measure 8 inches long and 4 inches "wide"/diameter.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
Well, I heard back from them. They claim that's the cost and they've standardized their shipping to all be overnight express. That seems a bit weird to me so I'll be searching elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
that's a screwed up approach to business. offering overnight is great, but to require it is just plain stupid. its not a product to spoilage. I would nicely let them know you have taken your business elsewhere. maybe if enough people do it they will get a more realistic business approach.

chaz

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
If they are using FedEx you can use 2day or FedEx Ground, both are much cheaper. If they say those options are not available, go elsewhere because they are making a bundle on shipping also......DC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.