The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to up my nitrate levels in my 30-c apparently because I am getting some hair/thread algae. I do not really have any major producers of nitrate in this tank since the only inhabitants are about 12 cherry shrimp and an oto. I have only been dosing Flourish Comprehensive, Flourish Iron, and API Leaf Zone (K2O). I hope that some nitrogen will help remedy the problem. Sellers, I have only a 7.5 gal tank and have never used dry ferts, so if you could also please give me instructions for use, that would be great. Also, I am a broke college student, so I can only afford a small quantity.
Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Why don't you just hit Lowes? Spectracide stump killer is pure KNO3 and it's like $8 and I'm still on the same bottle I bought in january. You just add some water to the bottle so that not quite all of it dissolves. The solubility of KNO3 at room temp is ~.1331 g/ml. So for every one ml of soln you added .1331 g of KNO3 to your tank. Use the fertilator over at APC to find out how many ppm you have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.