The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Setting up a new tank and wondering if anyone has any plants for sale in the NoVA area? With the heat I am concerned about the plants surviving if I order online or from a non-local hobbyist.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
What type of plants? That makes a difference. I know a guy but all his plants are grown with co2. As far as low tech plants, FB marketplace is a good start if no one here has any. I’ve bought off marketplace before.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What type of plants? That makes a difference. I know a guy but all his plants are grown with co2. As far as low tech plants, FB marketplace is a good start if no one here has any. I’ve bought off marketplace before.
Tank is medium light with CO2 injection, soil based substrate, and will have some form of EI based fertilization. So really any plants should be okay in it. Only thing is my water is on the harder side. Also just getting back into things after a long break so probably more towards the "easier" plants.

I am particularly intested in buce, crypts, anubias, dwarf hair grass, moss other than Java, small swords, lily's, and faster growers (stems or other wise) to suck up excess nutrients from the dirt during break in.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Look up aquaterraplantz on IG. He has an Etsy page with plants he wants to sell. I know he’s on this forum but I don’t know how often he’s on it. I’ve purchased from him before and his plants are top notch. Also go on meetup and look for the NoVA fish club. There may be people on there giving plants away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts