The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just set up another tank and I'm looking for some cheapo plants that I can just throw in to float them to help while cycling the tank. I guess watersprite or something like that. Please let me know if you have any to sell. Thanks alot,
John

·
Registered
780 Posts
I scoop out duckweed by the handful every week from 2 tanks. You won't find a faster-growing plant than that, though the najas is pretty close. I can also send along a baseball-size wad of hair algae if that would help. I have a grapefruit-size ball of it floating in one tank, the shrimp love it. Odd algae, doesn't spread around as much as most types, but grows in a relatively solid mass. Plants are available with or without snails, ramshorns and MTS.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll pass on the hair algae. But I may be interested in the duckweed. I am just a little hesitant about it because of all the stories of people saying what a pain it is to get rid of. Thanks for the offer, I will surely let you know if I decide to get some. Does anybody else have any good candidates for plants I can float during the cycling process? Thanks,
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts