The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am setting up my 55 gallon tank and am in need of plants or a plant package. The tank has 5 watts per gallon of PC lighting. I am looking for relatively hardy plants that a beginner will do well with. If you have a bunch of plants to sell or can point me in the right direction.....
Paying shipping is not a problem but if you're local, even better. I live in Redmond, Oregon.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
with 5wpg you do have some form of CO2, right???

I am no expert, but I think that is a lot of watts to start out with if you are low in plants.

Sounds like you might have a bad algae break out untill things grow in a little. Don't get discouraged though, it all seems to settle down eventually.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Have you considered the Plant Pack at LiveAquaria?
The Ultimate Pack for the 55 gallon is $99+shipping
It includes:
2x Micro Sword or Dwarf Hairgrass
1x Anubias Nana or Anubias Barteri Round Leaf
1x ChainSword - Narrow Leaf
2x Banana Plant or Balansae Plant
1x Madagascar Lace Bulb
2x Java Fern
1x Red Cryptocorne or Green Cryptocorne
2x Ludwigia - Broad
1x Red Rubin
2x Rotala Indica
1x Ozelot Sword
2x Corkscrew Vallisneria
2x Wisteria
2x Myrio - Green
1x Amazon Sword Plant(Regular Potted)
2x Moneywort
2x Temple - Narrow Leaf

All those for $99+ S&H, you can also get the Standard Pack ($ 64.99) , Deluxe Pack ( $ 86.99), or Mega Pack($ 89.99).
:thumbsup:http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=2145

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
That deal sucks.

I'm sure several folks here will send you tons of fast growing clippings, and I bet when it's all said and done you haven't spent half that.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I can furnish you just about all the plants you are requesting but a few. Pm if you are interested.
omboocat

·
Registered
889 Posts
That deal sucks.

I'm sure several folks here will send you tons of fast growing clippings, and I bet when it's all said and done you haven't spent half that.
lol I know but, at least it's something :D I have nothing to offer but I try to make members here find stuff, I just didn't see any especially large packs offered on here so I posted that (if you've noticed I know little about plant prices).:thumbsup: Hope all works out for le$$:icon_eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts