The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 55 gallon which I have a kleiner bar sword on the back left corner, saggis along the back wall with a few corkscrew vals here and there, water sprite which apparently wasn't healthy bc the plant that I bought from the pet store melted away and I have a few baby plants but I want to put the babies in my 10 gallon and get something for the back right corner. I want something that will grow nice and tall with different colors...

I just bought Osmocote to fertilize my plants since all I have to help my plants is Eco complete which is not much... I have a shop light with 2 - 32w lights and I use a cascade 1000.

I would prefer a plant that is deep/dark green colored

I would also like a foreground plant... I already have micro sword but it's on the front left but it doesn't grow that quickly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Considering the depth of your tank, it sounds like you need more light rather than Osmocote...at this point, adding more nutrients without more light seems like a recipe for algae disaster. Also, the water sprite melting may have nothing to do with its health at the pet store and more to do with your water quality...can you give us more details about your water chemistry, pH, hardness, etc., so we can to help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.