The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a PH Pen, calibrated if possible so that I dont have to buy the solution elsewhere. If anyone has one pm me.

Also, if you guys know of a good place to buy one online post in this thread so I and others know as well.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
136 Posts
I haven't seen any that don't require calibration, even after a month or so mine was off by 0.2.

The one I picked up was the Hanna pHep4 from "thesilvergenie" on Ebay at http://stores.ebay.com/Sunstone-Herbals. I do regret not paying the extra few dollars for the pHep5 because it has accuracy to .01 instead of .1. It works great though. If I was to purchase again I would probably get the Hanna pH/TDS/temp one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
umm.. The Pen is not what you need to calibrate... The main unit that the pen is connected to is the thing you need to calibrate. The Pen is just a sensor.

wait.. Are you referring to those all-in-one units or the units that have a stick wand that you put into the tank and has a wire that has a connector that goes into a main chassis.

I think either way, you're still going to need to buy the calibration fluid, because you will need to calibrate it at least every six months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts